Research: Results and Relevance 2015
Integrating Research, Policy and Promising Practice Around the World
ADVANCE NOTICE & CALL FOR ABSTRACTSare now available.
March 4 – 7, 2015
The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, BC
This advanced level conference continues to bring together experts from multiple disciplines to share international research. From the pure science, to prevention, diagnosis and intervention across the lifespan, the conference will address the implications of this research and promote scientific/community collaboration. It provides an opportunity to enhance understanding of the relationships between knowledge and research and critical actions related to FASD. First held in 1987, the conference brings together people passionate about this work in a stimulating environment where they can learn and forge new partnerships.
Goals & Objectives:
The goal is to highlight international research and promising practice and to enhance scientific collaborations around the world. During FASD 2015, participants can expect to:
• describe different approaches to FASD, from other countries and across disciplines
• understand the implication and potential application of emerging evidence-based research
• explore different models of practice across disciplines
• engage in knowledge exchange and dialogue through: formal sessions, networking and onsite meetings
• develop connections and partnerships among researchers, networks, governments, communities, service providers and families
Who Should Attend:
This multicultural, interdisciplinary conference will be of interest to the following audiences: addictions; administrators; child welfare professionals, clinicians; community members; educators; elected officials; family members; policymakers; FASD specialists; health/mental health; justice; physicians; researchers; women’s service providers; and anyone interested in the field of FASD.
Exhibiting & Meeting Requests:
For organizations that want to exhibit or for those who wish to hold a meeting during the conference, please email email@example.com. For meeting requests, please include the target audience, and whether it would be by invitation only or open to all delegates.